The following costs cover the necessary books and examination fee.
The student will be responsible for their own meals, room and board, pencils, paper, calculator, tabbing materials and any other items needed for the class.
The fees must be paid at least five (5) days in advance and are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
The ASAA is the most cost effective path to licensing. Whether it is one Level I student or an established company sending dozens of employees, we can qualify them to meet the state statute.
- Meet state requirements
- Technicians & Agents (sales)
- Learn Arkansas code
- Network with industry professionals
- Stay informed about new technology
- Non-Members pay $150/class more
- Meet state requirements +Managers +Learn Arkansas code +Network with industry professionals +Stay informed about new technology +Non-Members pay $150/class more
- Meet state requirements +Manager +Learn Arkansas code +Network with industry professionals +Stay informed about new technology +Non-Members pay $150/class more
- Access to building codes/standards
- Access to State Police paperwork
- Access to false alarm ordinances
- Discounts on training
- Discounts on insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay for the class with a credit card?
The ASAA accepts Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal. To pay by credit card, visit our Pay page. To pay by PayPal, email email@example.com and request an invoice be sent.
What should I bring to class with me?
ASAA / NESA will provide you with your book and testing information. The student will be responsible for your lodging and meals.
You may also want to bring:
- a #2 pencil
- tabs or post-it notes to mark pages in book
- calculator (cannot be a PDA, laptop, watch, cell phone, pager or any other device with wireless or photo capabilities)
- layered clothes (room temperatures range from 50 – 90 degrees)
- book (if retaking)
- open mind
Can I take the courses on-line?
Yes. Please read the on-line training page before registering.
The cost is the same as in-class training and there is NO additional fees for testing.
I've lost my certificate. Now what?
If you have taken an ASAA course after January 1, 2006, we can get you a copy of your certificate. There is a $15.00 to reasearch and/or replace any certificate. Please do NOT contact the ASAA if you took a course prior to January 1, 2006.
If you took a course prior to January 1, 2006, please contact the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association or Electronic Security Association.
What if I have special needs?
The Arkansas Security Alarm Association will do everything in our power to ensure that every student has a fair opportunity to pass each exam taken. If a student has a special need, we request notification at least ten (10) days prior to the beginning of the class so that special arrangements may be made.
Please send notification to:
Arkansas Security Alarm Association
P.O. Box 773
Fort Smith, AR 72902
or fax to:
or email to:
if emailing the notification, please check to option to request a read receipt.